Frequently Asked Questions
Since the announcement of the closure of our current building at 16 Hoddle Street, as you can imagine, there has been a flurry of questions!
Here is a distillation of them, plus the answers to the Questions. If you have others, please submit them via the connect page and we will answer them.
I’ve heard Gita is closing at the end of the year – where will I go for classes?
- Gita is moving online – not closing! There will be classes available online as well as a list of our Gita Guild Teachers who are qualified to teach Gita yoga, who may be more convenient for you to access.
I know that there are lots of Gita trained teachers, but how will I access them?
- Make sure you subscribe here at www.gitaworld.international. It’s free and will keep you connected with all things ‘Gita’. When you subscribe, you will be notified of classes, free offers, special events and new features on the website, which is constantly evolving.
I heard that there will be Workshops and Courses - but how will I find out about them?
- Again, make sure you are subscribed here at www.gitaworld.international - subscribing is free and it means we can keep you informed about Gita happenings - especially things which may interest you, as they become available.
Will I still be able to buy Gita books, CD’s and DVD’s?
- Yes, and more! Our online shop will have all the current items available, plus some new items especially prepared for online. Soon you will be able to download Relaxation classes, lectures, meditations and more! Just be patient though, it takes a lot of work to make it all possible!
I have bought 20 classes and I don’t think I will be able to use them all by the end of the year. What can I do?
- No problem, your credit will be still available online until the end of the financial year. You can use it to access Hatha classes, P.Y.R., a Meditation Course or Philosophy classes. There will be a much greater variety of classes available at a time and place to suit you.
I heard that some of the contents of Hoddle St will not be needed next year and that they will be looking for a new home. How do I register an interest in buying something?
- Please email your interest with a description and location in the building. After the building is closed, we will compile all requests. All the Gita fixtures and fittings, intellectual property, our invaluable library, and other things have all been put under the Khuti Foundation banner for protection and care for future generations. When we see what will be needed, we will put a list of available items on the Gita World website and ask you to make a bid for the items you would like and it will go to the highest bidder. All funds raised will go to the Khuti Foundation to further the work.
Please visit www.thekhutifoundation.com to see the many projects and activities we have undertaken so far.
Our ’Gita World‘ venture is one more of the projects set up to fulfill our Khuti Foundation credo “to create the blueprint for the peaceful evolution of Humanity”
Please subscribe to www.gitaworld.international if you haven't already, and join us to be part of the future!